Firm News and Articles

Welcome to our latest news and blogs page. Click to read the latest articles below or browse by category on the right.

Did you know? Are you married/in a civil partnership or living together? - Part 3

The requirements in England and Wales for a marriage to be recognised as valid .

This article is not designed to cover every aspect of matrimonial law, but here are a few things you should be aware of: Continued from Part 2.

WHERE cont.

  1. To get married in England or Wales:

Non-Religious ceremony – Can be at any Registered Premises and is conducted by a Registrar.

Worcestershire County Council has a helpful list of registered venues for non-religious settings in Worcestershire. If you are in any doubt as to whether the premises for where you are marrying meet the legal requirements or your Celebrant is registered in civil law to conduct marriage you should speak to the local Superintendent Registrar for your local area.


  1. Marriage abroad:

The law of England and Wales does recognise marriages that have been validly conducted abroad. In order for the marriage to be recognised as valid, the parties must usually be living in that country when they got married, and it needs to be recorded and comply with the marriage laws of the country where the marriage takes place.


Added: 12 Feb 2018 14:53

Back To Blog


Who would you like to see?